2002 Cadillac Escalade Twin Turbo
Showcases Technology, Produces Huge Horsepower
The Cadillac Escalade has developed quite a following in the past few years. Considered the SUV of choice for many professional athletes, celebrities and enthusiasts, the distinctive second-generation version delivers performance, luxury and style in a smart package. Now, a twin-turbocharged Escalade show truck takes the brand a step further.
A twin-turbocharged, 6.0-liter Vortec V8 powers the Escalade Twin Turbo show truck. The modified production Escalade engine delivers a massive dose of horsepower and torque 580 hp at 5300 rpm, and 580 lb-ft of torque at 4700 rpm. The engine is based on the 6.0-liter Vortec V8, but includes such upgrades as a Corvette camshaft and aluminum cylinder heads.
Aerodyne Twin Aerochargers (with variable vane technology), a carbon fiber air induction and aluminum air plenum make up the turbocharger system. The intercoolers utilize a separate cooling system.
Stainless steel exhaust manifolds and six-inch round mufflers improve engine efficiency. And to keep the engine cool, the Escalade Twin Turbo uses a dual-core radiator, as well as transmission coolers. The GM Hydramatic transmission remains stock. The front suspension has been lowered an inch and the rear 1.5 inches.
Interior alterations include a modified center console with hot/cold beverage holders, overhead TV and video console, and a DVD player. The interior is Escalades production Shale Leather. State-of-the-art personal communications are boosted by the Cellport 3000 with Voice Command, the first universal, voice-activated hands-free system that permits drivers to operate their mobile phones using simple spoken commands.
The Escalade Twin Turbo is painted in Nippons Silver Ice tri-stage paint. This three-stage coating radiates sunshine for extra sparkle, and uses crushed recycled mirror mixed with a clear coat to achieve the sophisticated look.
In a nod to the West Coast tuner crowd, which routinely accessorizes their Escalades for a more personal appearance, the exterior features a fabricated inter-cooler grille to replace the license plate filler. It also has chrome-plated front towing hooks, chrome exhaust tips and chrome emblems. Chrome-plated aluminum 20-inch by 8.5-inch wheels and Goodyear Eagle GT II tires polish the custom look.
"We see the Escalade Twin Turbo as a technology showcase, a vision of what we would like Escalade to become," said Susan Docherty, Escalade brand manager. "It helps demonstrate our objectives of power, invincibility and intelligence."
* Production Vortec cast iron 6.0-liter cylinder block with production LS1 Corvette camshaft
* Reworked Vortec 6.0 aluminum heads for increased flow
* Fabricated, decorative engine compartment covers by Wheel to Wheel
* Aerodyne Twin Aerochargers with variable vane technology
* Wheel to Wheel carbon fiber air induction system and aluminum air plenum
* Wheel to Wheel fabricated thick wall stainless steel exhaust manifolds and system
* Dynomax Dual Ultra Flow 6-inch round mufflers
* Hydramatic HD4L80E transmission
* Solid rear axle with factory positraction and gear ratio
* Chrome-plated aluminum 20-inch by 8.5-inch wheels by MKW
* P275/45HR-20 Eagle GT II tires by Goodyear
* Rosen overhead console with video/tv screen and DVD player
* Cellport Systems Cellport 3000 with Voice Command, the first universal, voice-activated hands-free system
* Nippon Silver Ice tri-stage exterior paint with crushed recycled mirror and production Shale Leather interior
2015 Cadillac Escalade SpecificationsVIEW ALL
|Fair Market Price||$67,800|
|Editors' Overall Rating|
|Mileage||15 City / 21 Highway|
|Horse Power||420 hp @ 5,600 rpm|
|Torque||460 ft lb of torque @ 4,100 rpm|