Image courtesy of TORC.
Some of the best off-roaders in the world are ready to compete in The Off-Road Champion Series, a newly created off-road racing series that starts May 15. TORC will combine the Midwest style of closed short course off-road racing with West Coast venues to create an exciting new racing series. Off-roaders looking to claim the first-ever TORC championship include Johnny Greaves, Scott Taylor, Jeff Kincaid, Jerry Whelchel, Rob MacCachren, Shannon Campbell, Casey Currie, Rodrigo Ampudia Jr., and TORC series owner Ricky Johnson. There will be more than $100,000 worth of contingency awards.
TORC retains the exclusive rights for premier events at noteworthy tracks including Crandon International Raceway and Bark River International Raceway. The 2009 racing schedule currently features a total of eight race weekends, with two sportsman weekends in the works.
The 2009 TORC Racing Schedule:
- May 15-16, Texas Motor Speedway, Ft. Worth, Texas
- May 29-30, Perris Auto Speedway, Perris, California
- June 20-21, Crandon International Raceway, Crandon, Wisconsin
- July 11-12, Bark River Raceway, Bark River, Michigan
- August 8-9, Bark River Raceway, Bark River, Michigan
- September 5-6, Crandon International Raceway, Crandon, Wisconsin
- September 26-27, Southern California Location, TBD
- October 31-November 1, Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Las Vegas, Nevada
Source: BFGoodrich Tires