We've had our long-term 2013 Nissan NV200 cargo van for a couple months now. After using its empty cargo space for several road trips and projects, we decided it was time to upfit the van with some new features from Adrian Steel, Cargo Management Solutions for Commercial Vehicles, the official upfitter for the new Nissan NV200 Cargo.
Nissan currently has a commercial van incentive program that offers several "No Charge" Adrian Steel storage and utility packages for qualified commercial operators. These packages come in several partition, roof rack, and shelving combos installed free of charge. If you don't qualify for Nissan's incentive program, you can still get the same cargo systems on your own dime. And that's what we did. We chose to have the Adrian Steel Cargo Management Package #2 installed, which includes one ADseries Shelf and wire partition. We also wanted an additional interior four-hook bar and grip-lock ladder rack for that official work van look.
We went to Commercial Van Interiors in Whittier, California, which has been upfitting commercial vehicles for nearly 30 years, to get our hardware installed. Adrian Steel uses preexisting mounting locations on the van that require no drilling, making installing fast and reversible. Before we arrived, CVI had preassembled ADseries Shelf with the four-hook bar, wire partition, and grip-lock ladder rack.
Part 1: Wire Partition
We start our install with the full wire mesh partition. The only way to get it in the van is through the rear doors. Its recessed design allows the front seats to fully adjust while keeping cargo and cap separated.
1. Using a prefabricated template, the installer locates four preexisting mounting points under the headliner. A 1-inch circular saw bit cuts into the headliner to reveal the mounting points. Spacers are inserted into the holes.
2. 4 preexisting mounting weld nuts are located on the cargo floor; the two outer mounts are used by tie hooks and the tie hook is easily unscrewed. The two center mounting weld nuts are under the cargo mat. Once the weld nuts are located, the circular saw bit is used to expose the holes. Spacers are inserted over the holes to prevent the base of the partition from losing form when the bolts are tightened.
3. The partition is then put in to the van through the rear door and lined up to the mounting points, then it's screwed in.
Part 2: ADseries Shelf
This 32-inch-wide stamped-steel shelving unit can be ordered to fit either the left or right side of the vehicle. Ours is being mounted on the street side.
1. First locate the two floor-mounting weld nuts near the rear of the cargo area floor. Once the mounts are located, use the circular saw bit to remove the floor matting to expose the bolts. Remove the bolts and insert spacers. Line the floor rail holes to the mounts and bolt to the floor.
2. Mount the C-pillar and D-pillar brackets to the existing mounting points. Leave loose.
3. Install the shelf unit over the floor rail, aligning the lower bolt holes on the shelf to the bracket holes on the floor rail securing in place with provided bolts. Line the top-mounting hole on the shelf to the holes with the loose C- and D-pillar brackets; attach with provided bolts. Once everything is aligned, tighten all the bolts
Part 3: Grip-Lock Ladder Rack
The rack is designed to mount to the factory attachment points. It can hold up to 115 pounds and carry an extension ladder up to 28 feet in length.
1. Locate the six plastic plugs on the top of the roof and remove them with a Phillips screwdriver. The rack is designed to mount to the factory attachment points.
2. Lift the lightweight rack on to the vans roof with foam strip side down. Align the holes in the bottom rails to the mounting points on the roof. Finger-tighten all bolts. Once all bolts are in place, tighten them firmly.
|Parts And Labor Pricing Without Incentive Program|
|4960 Package (Wire partition with a Street Side 32-inch AD Shelf and Rail Kit):|| $563|
|63-NV2 (Double-Grip Lock Ladder Rack):|| $769|
|TA1WAD (Four-Hook Bar w/adapter):|| $37|
|Total (including Tax (California, 9.0%), Labor, and parts):|| $1734|