Edge Products sells its Juice with Attitude performance module with either a color screen (CS) or a color touch screen (CTS) for the in-cab unit. The CTS is available for Dodge/Ram Truck, Chevrolet/GMC, and Ford trucks, diesel and gas versions. MSRP for the Juice with Attitude CS starts at about $500. The CTS is more expensive, depending on year, make, and model.
During a recent visit to Edge's facilities in Ogden, Utah, we installed the Juice with Attitude CTS on a 2007 Dodge Ram HD 2500 with the 5.9-liter Cummins. Our test vehicle was mostly stock, except for an aFe intake and air filter, and a MBRP dual exhaust. Using factory-style connections, it took less than 30 minutes for the complete installation.
1. This module is said to add as much as 100 horsepower and 250 pound-feet of torque in six power levels, and can keep track of your truck's vitals, such as boost and coolant, oil, exhaust gas, and transmission temperatures. It can also store performance data, and has programmable protection for boost, transmission slip, and more.
2. This is the heart of the module. The Juice communicates along the engine's CAN-BUS data stream, from which it receives vital engine, transmission, and fuel-system information.
3. To begin the installation, plug in the injector and map connectors. On the 2007 Ram, these are located just below the valve cover on the driver side behind the intake manifold. Use a small screwdriver to unlatch the plastic clips.
4. The Edge Y connector is installed and the factory OEM connector plugs into the Y's pigtail. Install the map connector, located down lower on the block. Make sure the wires are routed away from hot engine components and tied out of harm's way. Also find a ground source; on this truck, it was just above the battery.
5. Run the OBD II connector and EGT cable inside the cab through a hole just behind the brake pedal. The rubber grommet can be slit or removed.
The Turbo Timer feature prolongs turbo life by allowing the truck to run after shutoff for a predetermined time or until a specific EGT is reached. It hooks to a keyed ignition switch in the steering column. The instructions tell you to pull the plastic cover down under the column, but by feeling a little in the dark, the plug is pretty easy to find, and there is only one, so you can't make a mistake. With the Turbo Timer and data link plugged into the Juice module, you can hook up power using a little fuse tap on a 15-amp fuse (number 30 on this truck).
The Juice module was mounted on the fuse compartment lid with strips of Velcro.
7. Drill, tap, and install the pyrometer probe. When doing this, there are various precautions that can be taken, including using some oil around the drill bit to catch any chips. Afterward, use a magnet or a vacuum, and then run the engine for a few seconds to blow out any remaining debris.
8. Connect the wires from the pyrometer probe to the Juice and seal with heat-shrinkable tubing.
9. Moving into the cab, unclip the side panel on the driver side of the dash, and route the Juice wires up to the top where the Attitude CTS screen will be located.
10. The Attitude CTS comes with a multipurpose windshield mount.
11. For those who want a more permanent installation, Edge offers a mounting pod for all truck models.
12. Many parameters can be viewed as full-color analog gauges.