The HUMMER H2 enters 2009 with new technologies - including Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free phone operation - new interior amenities, a Black Chrome limited edition model and standard E85 FlexFuel capability. The enhancements give customers more choices on a model line that delivers an uncompromising balance of capability and comfort.
The 2009 production lineup - H2 SUV and H2 SUT - is powered by a 6.2L all-aluminum small-block V-8 engine. It is rated at 393 horsepower (293 kW)* and paired with a Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed automatic transmission. Performance-optimizing engine technologies, such as variable valve timing, and the six-speed's wide gear ratios, including a "tall" overdrive gear, optimize the powertrain's efficiency. New for '09, the 6.2L engine is calibrated for FlexFuel capability, meaning it can run on E85 ethanol, gasoline or any combination of the two fuels.
New for 2009
• 6.2L V-8 with E85 FlexFuel capability
• "Black Chrome" limited edition model (interim availability)
• Second-row captains chairs
• Third-row seat storage
• Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free phone operation
• OnStar Destination Download
• XM Satellite Radio with real-time traffic feature
• Power-tilting steering wheel (interim availability)
• Heated steering wheel (interim availability)
• Rear vision with "display on demand" on inside rearview mirror (models without navigation system)
• New Silver Ice Metallic and Sedona Metallic exterior colors (limited editions)
• Twenty-inch black chrome-clad wheels (limited editions