2010 Nissan Truck and SUV Lineup Overview Reveals Minor Refinements
July 20, 2009
It's time for Nissan's 2010 models to roll out, and with no major changes to report, the Japanese automaker is once again going with its solid lineup of five SUVs and two pickup trucks. The changes and refinements to each Nissan model are laid out below.
SUVs and CUVs
2010 Nissan Armada
Nissan's full-size SUV enters the 2010 model year with a total of three models. Two new models, the Titanium Edition and Platinum Edition, are replacing the LE trim and joining the SE model. The Titanium Edition includes a range of comfort and convenience features, such as the Nissan Intelligent Key, leather-appointed seating, a Bose 11-speaker sound system, and auto-leveling rear air suspension. The Platinum Edition adds heated front seats and steering wheel, a DVD Family Entertainment System, new 20-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels, and more.
All Armada SUVs will be powered by the 5.6-liter Endurance V-8 engine with 317 horsepower and 385 pound-feet of torque, and will be available with either rear or four-wheel drive. Additional changes include:
- Revised content of Driver's Package, Family Entertainment System Package, new SE Tow Package added
- New two-piece body-color side moldings with chrome strip treatment, chrome roof rails, and contrasting interior stitching for Titanium and Platinum models
- Refreshed woodgrain appearance pieces
- Standard front side airbags added to SE 4x2 trim
- Revised engine mounts
- Three new exterior colors added: Lakeshore Slate, Navy Blue, and Tuscan Sun
The 2010 Armada is currently available.
2010 Nissan Murano
Nissan's midsize CUV is currently in its second generation, which was first introduced as a 2009 model. Powered by the 3.5-liter V-6 with 265 horsepower and 248 pound-feet of torque, the VQ-series engine is mated to the Xtronic CVT and is available with front or all-wheel drive. For 2010, a LE FWD model is being added for a total of six available models, joining the S FWD, S AWD, SL FWD, SL AWD, and LE AWD. Other changes for the beginning of the next decade include:
- Leather Package and Moonroof Package available for SL FWD
- Privacy glass now standard on S models
- Intelligent Key now standard on S and SL models
- Exterior and interior color combinations have been simplified
- Vehicle Security System now standard on SL models
- Dual Panel Moonroof now standard on LE models
- Roof rails now standard on SL models
The 2010 Murano will be available October 2009.
2010 Nissan Pathfinder
Nissan's midsize sport/utility offering will receive minor changes as well. Four models will be available: the S V6, SE V6, LE V6, and LE V8 (4x4 only). The VQ-series 4.0-liter V-6 engine provides an output of 266 horsepower and 288 pound-feet of torque. The 5.6-liter V-8 option is rated at 310 horsepower and 388 pound-feet of torque. Modifications for 2010 include:
- Moonroof now standard on LE V6
- Navigation system now standard on topline LE V8
- LE V8 Value Package added, which includes DVD player, 7-inch color monitor for rear passengers and moonroof
- SE Premium Journey Package added, which includes 17-inch aluminum wheels, RearView Monitor, roof rack crossbars, 10-speaker Bose sound system, XM radio, Bluetooth, and Intelligent Key
- New exterior color added: Dark Slate, in addition to the simplified exterior and interior color combinations
The 2010 Pathfinder will be available August 2009.
2010 Nissan Rogue
Nissan's compact crossover will now come standard with chrome door handles on both the S and SL models. A new 360° Value Package will soon be available, which includes 16-inch aluminum wheels, privacy glass, RearView Monitor, auto-dimming rearview mirror, rear spoiler, and front chrome grille. Both the S and SL Rogue models will be powered by the 2.5-liter I-4 with 170 horsepower and 175 pound-feet of torque 167 horsepower for California emissions-equipped models.
The 2010 Rogue will be available soon.
2010 Nissan Xterra
The Xterra compact SUV remains obviously aimed at those with active lifestyles and can be had in four models: X, S, Off-Road, and SE. After extensive changes for the 2009 model year, the Xterra lists only slight changes for 2010. Powering the SUV is the 4.0-liter V-6 engine with 261 horsepower and 281 pound-feet of torque. Both two- and part-time four-wheel drive are available. Other changes include:
- Manual transmission no longer available on S model
- Technology Package content now standard on SE and Off-Road models
- X Gear Package content revised, and now standard on S and SE models
- Keeping in line with the rest of the Nissan lineup, the exterior color selections have been simplified for a total of six available colors
The 2010 Xterra will be available August 2009.
2010 Nissan Frontier
Nissan's small pickup was given a new front face last year, and for 2010, new standard safety and security equipment are being outfitted on the Frontier. Engine selections include the 2.5-liter I-4 with 152 horsepower and 171 pound-feet of torque, and the 4.0-liter V-6 with 261 horsepower and 281 pound-feet of torque. Five trims include the XE, SE 4-cylinder, SE V6, PRO-4X, and LE. Enhancements for 2010 include:
- Standard side and curtain airbags on all models
- Vehicle Dynamic Control now standard on all models with V-6
- 5-speed automatic transmission now available on XE models
- Two- and four-wheel Active Brake Limited Slip now standard on all SE and LE V6 models
- Standard Hill Star Assist and Hill Descent Control now standard on all SE and LE 4WD automatic transmission-equipped models
- New exterior color added: Night Armor
The 2010 Frontier will be available August 2009.
2010 Nissan Titan
Nissan's full-size truck might not offer the sheer number of bed, cab, and engine combinations as its domestic competitors do, but the Titan continues to offer a solid package for 2010. Four models will be available: XE, SE, PRO-4X, and LE. Powering the brutes will be the 5.6-liter Endurance V-8 with 317 horsepower and 385 pound-feet of torque. The King Cab will offer a maximum towing capacity of 9500 pounds and the Crew Cab will offer 9400 pounds. Revisions for 2010 include:
- Side curtain airbags and Vehicle Dynamic Control now standard
- Active Brake Limited Slip now standard
- New chrome "PRO-4X" badge added to PRO-4X tailgate
- New SE Utility Package available
- New SE Value Truck Package available
- Receiver hitch, seven-pin wiring harness, and trailer brake prewiring now standard on PRO-4X, and available as part of the aforementioned SE Value Truck Package
- Power-adjustable pedals now part of SE Premium Utility Package
- SE Driver's Convenience Package and Max Utility Package have been combined into new Premium Utility Package
- Bluetooth now standard on PRO-4X
- Rockford Fosgate sound system added to Premium Utility Package
- Work truck-oriented Easy-Clean vinyl floors added to King Cab XE models
- Two new colors added: Blue Steel and Navy Blue
The 2010 Titan will be available September 2009.
2015 Nissan Frontier SpecificationsVIEW ALL
|Fair Market Price||$17,068|
|Editors' Overall Rating|
|Mileage||19 City / 23 Highway|
|Horse Power||152 hp @ 5,200 rpm|
|Torque||171 ft lb of torque @ 4,400 rpm|